Any facility that releases contaminants into the air, land or water, or stores, transports or disposes of waste must have an Environmental Compliance Approval ("ECA") before it can operate legally. Owners and operators of such facilities are responsible for obtaining an ECA.
ECAs in Toronto, GTA and Ontario are required for the following:
- Air and Noise
- Sewage Works
- Waste Disposal Sites
- Waste Management System (except Mobile Waste Processing)
- Waste Management System - Mobile Waste Processing
- Cleanup of Contaminated Sites
An application for an Environmental Compliance Approval will generally fall into the following categories:
How Can Envirovision Help with Environmental Compliance Approvals in Toronto, GTA and Ontario?
- New when first time applying for an ECA.
- Amendment to add another activity or equipment to an existing ECA.
- Consolidated of existing ECAs replace multiple existing ECAs into a single ECA and may include new or historically unapproved sources.
- Limited Operation Flexibility (former Basic Comprehensive) provides companies the opportunity to make some modifications (i.e., process changes or addition of new equipment) to their facility without having to go through the formal application process.
The ECA process can be quite daunting and frustrating, especially for those who are new to the requirements of the application process. Envirovision employs environmental specialists who have built their careers around helping businesses meet and exceed environmental safety standards. Our staff can help you by:
Professional Assistance throughout the Approval Process
- Reviewing existing ECA documentation - If you have already received an ECA, we can evaluate these documents to determine if you need an entirely new approval or if you qualify for amendments or modifications.
- Determining a plan - Next, we help you to create a clear strategy for how your facility can receive approval without placing unnessary limits to your operations or productivity.
- Recommendations for improvement - If we do uncover problematic areas within your property, we can provide you with efficient and effective options for remedying the issues.
- Submitting the application - We can perform the necessary requirements to provide supporting documents for your ECA application. Our team also prepares all of the necessary application forms.
- After Submission - Our experts can check-in with the MOECC to check the status of your application and quickly address any compliance changes that are requested.
Whether you are preparing to apply, completing the required documentation, Envirovision can provide valuable assistance throughout the ECA process. We have submitted more than 400 ECA applications on behalf of various industrial clients and rank number four (4) in the MOECC list of environmental consultants specializing in this type of projects in Toronto, GTA and Ontario. Schedule a consultation with us today to learn more about why you need an ECA, when you must apply, and what you can do to obtain the approval.Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR)
The Ministry of the Environment has simplified the application for approval process for those activities or sectors with potentially lower environmental impact in November 2011. The Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR) consents companies to register online certain activities with the Ministry of the Environment, without applying for an approval.
The registry is available for:
- Heating Systems
- Standby Power Systems
- Automotive Refinishing Facilities
- Small Ground-mounted Solar Facilities
- Commercial Printing Facilities
- Non-hazardous Waste Transportation Systems